We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the federal Fair Housing Act and the Arkansas Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person or persons because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
Unit Availability Policy. Rental units become available when they are ready to rent. A vacant rental unit will not be deemed available until it has been inspected, cleaned, repaired, and prepared for showing. We update our list of available units as each unit becomes available. A unit that was unavailable in the morning may become available later that same day.
Occupancy Guidelines. To prevent overcrowding, parking problems, and undue stress on plumbing and other building components, we restrict the number of people who may reside in a rental unit. We allow two persons per bedroom for families with children. For example, a two bedroom rental unit could house up to four people. Roommates (non-families) are allowed only one person per bedroom. These are general guidelines and may not apply to all properties and all situations.
Application process. Every applicant for rental will be evaluated in the following manner. Each applicant must submit a rental application and answer all questions on the form. Each applicant must pay an application fee of $20.00. We will evaluate each application and investigate the credit and rental history of each applicant. We will obtain a criminal background check, and verify employment and rental references. If all applicants for a rental unit meet our rental criteria, we will approve the application(s). We will rent available rental units to applicants in the order that their applications are approved.
Rental Criteria. To qualify for a rental unit, you must meet the following criteria:
- Age Requirement. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time the lease is signed. We will process applicants who are not yet 21 if the applicants 21st birthday is pending within a reasonable time.
- Income and employment. Your monthly income must be at least Three (3) times the monthly rent. You must be able to prove at least one year of employment immediately preceding the date of your application. Students will require a lease guarantor. Unemployed or self-employed must provide proof of a source of income.
- Rental History. You must have satisfactory rental references from at least two prior landlords. Applicants will be rejected for any unsatisfactory information obtained from previous landlords or reported in tenant history database.
- Credit. Your credit record must be currently satisfactory. We will obtain a credit report from a credit reporting agency. Most applicants with a credit score (or FICO score) above 620 will be accepted, if otherwise qualified.
- Criminal History. If you have ever been convicted of a felony, we will reject your application. Certain misdemeanors involving violence, dishonesty, theft or the possession/distribution of controlled substances will result in rejection. Sex offenders will be rejected.
Guarantors. Students who are unable to meet one or more of the above criteria may be able to qualify with a third party guarantor. The guarantor must pass the same application and screening process, except that the guarantor must have verifiable income of Five (5) time the monthly rent and a FICO score above 650. Students must provide satisfactory proof of current enrollment. Guarantors are NOT accepted for applicants with unacceptable credit, rental references, income, or unacceptable criminal history.
Section 8 Assistance: Applicants receiving Section 8 rental assistance must present their housing voucher with their application. A credit report, along with all other background checks will be performed to verify the information provided on the application. The applicants verifiable rental history will weigh more heavily on the rental decision than the credit score. Applicants who fail to provide prior rental references will probably be declined.
We require every person over the age of 21 who will be living at the property to submit separate applications.
(This policy is subject to change without notice)